Ok, so if my wife tags me to do this I don't think I can choose not to. So prepare yourself for a dive into my world.
1. I like birds. Many of you may consider that an old lady thing to like, but I doubt I'll get a harsher backlash than Lindy did for admitting that she likes cats. Anyways, I have bird books that I use to identify birds, I can recognize most local birds on sight and some by their calls. So think of me what you may, but I like birds. Some of my favorite ones that I've seen lately: Cedar Wax Wing, Bald Eagle, Barn Swallow, Flicker, Great Blue Heron.
2. Next on my list is that I'm into photography. I took a photography class in high school and have loved it ever since. If my teacher only knew I'm sure she'd be proud. However, I don't like taking pictures of people, or more specifically posed pictures of people. I like taking pictures of nature: animals, landscapes, and sports (which have people I guess) that sort of thing.
3. In case you haven't been able to tell from my preceding interests, I'm a big nerd. I think I do a good job of not letting my nerd-ness take over, but some of my favorite TV shows are Mythbusters and How It's Made. I get excited about stuff like knowing how they make the checkerboard patterns in the grass on baseball fields. In fact Lindy got me some books filled with such random facts once for Christmas and I love those books.
4. One of my favorite games is Indestructible Destructibles. You probably haven't heard of that game and there is a good reason. My Uncle made it up. To start off, my Uncle James isn't that much older than me and when I was a kid was basically like an older brother. We used to build cars out of Legos and the proceed to smash them into each other. The point of the game was to build a car that could destroy the other persons car - a sort of Lego Destruction Derby. I'm proud to say that I still play this game with my siblings. In fact, over Christmas break we had our latest Indestructible Destructibles tournament.
5. One time Lindy and I were going to the Bombay House with some friends. One of the friends brought her little niece, a six year old Laotian girl. During the course of dinner she told me that I have a girls name and that I have squinty eyes. Granted, I've heard both of those things before, Kelly is a girls and a boys name, and I do have squinty eyes, especially when I smile or laugh. But it was especially ironic coming form a little Asian girl.
Also, when I went to register for high school my first year in Arizona, the lady didn't believe I was Kelly Layland. I told her that was my name, and she said "No, it isn't." I couldn't believe it. She gave in when I showed her my ID though, so that's good.
To top it off, as I'm typing this I just saw one of those ads on my imeem.com account that tracks where you are. It said, and I quote: "A boy from Provo likes you!" Just to drive home that I have a girls name.
In case anyone thinks I hate my name or in case my parents parents read this; don't worry, I really like me name a lot. It's just funny how many things like this happen.
6. I have quite the eclectic taste in music. Just to give you a random sampling of some of the music I like. These are all linked to imeem.com so you can listen to them if you want. You might need to sign up to hear the music, but it is Free and I've never gotten any junk mail from them that I know of. Ms. Jackson, Outkast; Bring it On, Goose; Woman, Wolfmother; Crooked Teeth, Deathcab for Cutie; The Way I Live, Baby Boy da Prince; No Es Lo Mismo, Alejandro Sanz; Say it Ain't So, Weezer; Rodeo, Garth Brooks; Every Other Time, LFO. There's obviously more music that I like than that, but it gives a pretty good cross section.
I tag Tyson Soptich. He's pretty much the only other guy I know on these blogs who hasn't been tagged.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
If loving Mythbusters is wrong then I don't want to be right. This was fun to read, Kelly.
Very fun post. I think you're great at photography, and there's no need to hide your liking birds. Lots of guys like birds, right? My dad does at least. I love #5... what a funny story.
It could have been worse, you could have been named Nancy, or tinkle.
You're my favorite person ever for loving LFO.
I can't wait for you to move to Seattle. You will blend right in with all the other Asians. Namely the ones that listen to LFO. This was awesome, and I shall alert Tyson of this tag. I consider your post required reading for him anyway.
hi. i love Every Other Time by LFO. I stole it from you years ago and now I listen to it still. Also, i think you and lindy should look at the t-shirts on threadless.com. there are some really fun ones. one in particular is called "nice boobies." it sounds bad, but its about birds called blue footed boobies. i want it. i want it for brandon too. we should all get it and take a new family picture. think about it.
Post a Comment