(HUGE sigh of relief)
The following is touching poetic tribute to our decision from my dad, Ed Lauritsen. I’d say it about sums things up. Just don’t ask us to demonstrate this “rattling.” We're still pretty new at it.
We’re rockin’ while we rattle
as we pack-up for
‘cuz our wallets will be growing
thanks to Boeing! Boeing! Boeing!!
And we’ll hog-up on the sushi
with the octopus so gooshy!
And the salmon from the ocean
we’ll devour with devotion!
As for Billy and Melinda:
let them peek into our winda’
and we’ll show them something funny---
we’ll get by on much less money!
Yep, in June our schoolin’s over
and we’ll bid farewell to Prover,
then we’ll bee-line to
where we’ll rock n’ roll n’ rattle !!
12 comments:
Yea! I'm so glad y'all are coming too!!! Where are you thinking of living? We're going for Bothell.
I LOVE IT!! Wait no, I hate it!!! You're leaving us! Actually I'm really excited for you. See you at the game tonight! You guys are the best. Ok, need to stop thinking about losing you!!
I love Eddy. When is his book of poetry going to be published?? I'll buy one for sure.
Now I'll have to plan to see you when we visit Oregon. But I will be in Seattle in Aug for Abbie's wedding!
Oh Seattle, you are so lucky and you don't even know it yet! I'm so happy that you have a plan. Tell Ed I loved his poem.
...I forgot to say congratulations on that too!!
Say hi to Ichiro for me.
Congratulations, indeed, however, it is awfully far away!
I'm so excited for you! I'm glad to see you're back up on your blog! I hope things are going well, sounds like you're doing great. I'm back in sunny Phoenix and loving it. Give me a call next time you're in town!
I can hear the Soptich cheering from here. Congrats you guys. That means youre in the real world huh? How are you doing with the idea of leaving Wymount?
Lindy!!!!
I was beatboxing as I read your rattle. It is true, the Soptichs are full of sheer bliss at this news!!
Can I say I was in shock that after not checking for one DAY you ended up with three new posts?! I'm going to do lay down for a while after all this excitement.
WE.ARE.SO.GLAD.YOU.ARE.COMING.TO.SEATTLE!!!!!!!!!!
So you must get your wit from your dad??? That was so clever and I am that much more excited for you to go to Seattle now that I know you will be rockin' and a rattlin'! And to think, I almost gave up on checking your blog...
Ahhhhh, breathe.... doesn't it feel good to know where you'll be settling down? I'm so happy for you guys.
Post a Comment