Two Falls
The evening we hiked to this place, we almost backed out because it was getting to be later in the evening. Lucky for us, it ended up being perfect timing. We hiked through some darkening forest, but we had the trail all to ourselves. When we arrived at the waterfall lookouts, the sun broke through the clouds and trees to illuminate the whole scene. Kelly, our resident photographer, caught all the action (below). It was amazing. I wish the pictures showed just how golden and sparkling it all really was.Rattlesnake
This was a gorgeous hike, 8.8 miles round trip. Kelly crafted both the panoramic and flower shots on one of the lookout points, and of course we had to snag the classic self-portrait.




6 comments:
These are beautiful pictures!! Kelly should go professional :)
Fantastic pictures. I am so glad to hear about your adventures and now to actually get a chance to see some of what you are seeing - wow! It is a stark contrast to what we see on a hike in the PX area. Send a picture of your "house on the hill". Thanks for setting this up so we can keep up with you. Love you, Mom Layland
*cough* Nancy *cough*
Just kidding! Great sites, bet it would be more fun mountain biking some of those trails with friends :)
Hey! I finally found your blog! I love the pictures and I love that you guys get to go on such gorgeous hikes. Gotta love Seattle!
Lindy Layland! My heart swells at the sight of your beautiful face! I'm so happy Ginger has forced you into a blog.
Are you just in Seattle for the summer?
Lindy! My heart swells at the sight of your beautiful face! I'm so happy Ginger talked you into a blog.
Post a Comment