Ginger tagged me and I am not one to bow out of a challenge. This is the first time I've filled out a survey like this. Here goes.
What was I doing ten years ago?
Looking forward to turning 16. Not looking forward to the dreaded junior year of high school. Reveling in the new freedom of having friends who could drive. Missing my brother who was on a mission and writing to him about all the intrigue of my high school schemes and dilemmas.
What was I doing one year ago?
Discovering to my utter amazement how much I could love Provo, UT in the summertime. Transitioning from the soul-sucking job I held down for a year and a half (couldn't have done it without amazing co-workers) to a new job closer to home. Overcoming the shock of being asked to fill a leadership position in the local branch of my church's women's organization. Living it up with Kelly's summer-sans-homework schedule. Hanging out with the Fairbourns a lot.
Five Snacks I enjoy:
- Tostito's cheese dip with corn chips. Note the order of the two.
- Strawberries and brown sugar
- Graham crackers and milk, with frosting if I'm feeling skinny
- Cereal
- Apples and: cheese, peanut butter, Nutella
Five Snacks I enjoy:
- Tostito's cheese dip with corn chips. Note the order of the two.
- Strawberries and brown sugar
- Graham crackers and milk, with frosting if I'm feeling skinny
- Cereal
- Apples and: cheese, peanut butter, Nutella
Five songs I know all the words to:
I've got a knack for memorizing songs, so this question will be more fun if I change it to:Five songs I wish I knew all the words to (and believe me I've tried to learn):
- "We Didn't Start the Fire" (Billy Joel)
- "Ice, Ice Baby" (Vanilla Ice)
- "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" (Will Smith)
- "It's The End of the World As We Know It" (REM)
- "Estoy Aqui" (Shakira)
Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:
- I would buy you a monkey. Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
- I would buy you a fur coat. But not a real fur coat. That's cruel.
- I'd buy you some art--a Picasso or a Garfunkel.
- I'd buy you John Merrick's remains -- ooh all them crazy elephant bones.
- I'd be rich.
Okay, you caught me. That was really "Five of my favorite lines from the Barenaked Ladies 'If I Had a Million Dollars' song." I just hate that question. I make it way too complicated for a "five things" list.
- I would buy you a monkey. Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
- I would buy you a fur coat. But not a real fur coat. That's cruel.
- I'd buy you some art--a Picasso or a Garfunkel.
- I'd buy you John Merrick's remains -- ooh all them crazy elephant bones.
- I'd be rich.
Okay, you caught me. That was really "Five of my favorite lines from the Barenaked Ladies 'If I Had a Million Dollars' song." I just hate that question. I make it way too complicated for a "five things" list.
Five of my many bad habits:
- Losing track of time- Biting/picking my nails/cuticles
- Forgetting where I put small personal items like my keys and my wedding ring
- Second-guessing myself
- Apologizing for things that don't require an apology
Five things I like doing:
- Running- Biking
- Spending time in good company
- Reading
- Watching The Office
Five things I will never wear again:
- Clothes snuck from my sisters' closets- Pegged pants
- Anything I wore as a missionary or anything that reminds me of anything I wore as a missionary
- Braces or retainers
- My favorite shirt ever that is now too small for me: a 1998 Belle & Sebastian tour shirt my sister Joy bought for me at one of their shows. White with a brown circle and an orange bus. I still have it. I should frame it. It's beautiful.
Five of my favorite toys:
- iPod Nano
- Bike
- Digital camera
- Computer
- Legos
Now, if you've read this and you have a blog and you feel like being "it," consider yourself tagged.
6 comments:
Lindo, that was beautiful. I miss you.
Yes, that REM song is a beast to learn! I remember going to stake dances and there was one 14 year old there that knew all the words and his eyes would get all wide when he'd sing it. So I'll pass on that one. But who hasn't wanted to know the words to "We didn't start the fire"?
You are brilliant my friend! :) That was a great Wednesday morning read!
I wish I hadn't read the last line, you know I'm game for being tagged. Not because I'm competitive though, I'm definitely not competitive. I'm the most non-competitive person I know. No one is more non-competitive than me, NO ONE!
Here's a gift...
We Didn't Start the Fire We had to learn this one in elementary, probably because of all the historic events/people that were referenced.
Ice Ice Baby You should be ashamed to not already know this one.
Gettin Jiggy Wit It I wish I could say that I've never had this one memorized....
It's the end of the world as we know it This is a good one, I need some work here as well.
Estoy Aqui This is a fun one to learn, we had to learn it in Spanish class in high school. The fast parts are fun...
I miss loohoo!
I loved this "with frosting if I'm feeling skinny"
hehehehehehe...such a girl you are
Lindy, I have in my closet, right this minute, one of those huge plastic tubs filled to the brim with legos. Jake and I stole it from his family's house awhile back. When you and Kelly get back, we should defintely have a legos party!
Oh, Lindy. A little Wal-Mart worker was helping me yesterday and wasn't watching where he was going when he ran into a cardboard display. I said, "Oops! Sorry!" So I feel ya. Also, I'm happy that you love the Barenaked Ladies. Also, I don't love Zoolander as much as it might seem from my blog, though I do derive a wicked delight from it. Also, I know. Swearing is way more fun than it should be. But don't tell my in-laws.
Post a Comment