Sunday, May 27, 2007

uptown girl (and boy)

We arrived in Seattle with a bang. We were so concerned about navigating the hilly, narrow streets and our own very steep garage driveway that we completely forgot the bikes on top of our car. Luckily, the little old man who occupies the unit of the building our bikes crashed into is hard of hearing, so I don't think anyone noticed.

We live in Queen Anne, which is a charming neighborhood located on a hill just north of the Space Needle. We live in Lower Queen Anne, or "Uptown" as they've started calling it. If you've seen postcard pictures of the Seattle skyline and Puget Sound with Mount Ranier in the background, they were probably taken from the famous lookout at Kerry Park which is just a few blocks from our apartment. We're already addicted to the view.

I have decided not to get a job and instead soak up the Seattle summer magic. So far, so good! My legs are getting buff from jogging the hills around here, and I think I'm ready to brave the bus system by myself and really explore life beyond our neighborhood.

Being home more often during the day means I also have time to maintain an orderly home. Call me crazy, but I actually like my housewife work. It's a beautiful thing to have clean clothes without having to do an emergency load of laundry in the middle of some weeknight, and I even make the bed in the morning. Amazing!

Kelly just finished his second week as a Boeing employee at the largest building by volume in the world. I'll let him describe his experiences there, but I will tell you my favorite thing about Boeing: his schedule. He's home by 4:00 every day. We have lots of time to spend together and he's kind enough not to begrudge me the extra sleep I get after he leaves at the crack of dawn.

Well, that's all the blah blah blah I'll burden you with for now. We've got some great pictures that I'll post as soon as we resize them, so tune in for more next time!



2 comments:

Ginger said...

I've been waiting for this day. I knew you'd come around to your blogging senses eventually, Lindo. Sounds like this is going to be a great summer! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Brittney said...

Yay Lindy!! Clean house!?!? What???? Who ever heard of such a thing!? You should see mine right now.. I think I should clean it tonight. Even Kent asked me to clean it (since I have agreed to doing it). haha, how sad is that; he had to tell me.

Anyway, Seattle looks BEAUTIFUL!! I'm so jealous.. I seriously wish we could visit. Maybe we should just show up some weekend. How is the weather? How do people say it is during the winter? It really does look like a nice place to live as far as climate and what's available (mountains, oceans, lakes, city, and yes.. even professional sports :) Do you guys think you want to live there permanently? What are your thoughts?

Miss you guys and love you!