Saturday, January 10, 2009

Showering Greenwood Style


To show just how utterly grateful I am for my Greenwood Ward lady friends, I am blogging about the beautiful baby shower they threw me the very night of said shower.

Calley Soptich rallied the troops and Rory Graves hostessed it at her house. I'm sure other people helped out as well, but they were so great just to let me show up and enjoy. It was just what I love in a baby shower: relaxing atmosphere, fab food and, of course, great company. Still feeling rather new to the area, I did not anticipate a shower at all. I am amazed at these women and their thoughtful generosity. They have helped me feel right at home here in Seattle.

And now for some pictures of the gala affair. Thank you Calley for being my paparazzi.

Wish you could have seen the whole house. Rory's got great style, as do the rest of the women who gave a great blend of both fashionable and functional gifts.

Opening gifts. I don't know if Baby Lauren will get to play with this ducky when Kelly's around. He's too big a fan of it himself.


Bravo to my not camera-shy friends Summer, Jonete, Justice and Melissa. I really should have sat up or forward or something in this picture. Slouchy couch pics at 8 months pregnant are never flattering.
Oh yeah, and I don't think I officially announced Little Whoosh's name on the blog yet (of course I've been meaning to, but I'm a big slacker). As you probably already noticed from the cake, though, her name will be Lauren. Lauren Annalese Layland. What a lucky girl to be born in the Greenwood Ward--and what a blessed new little Mom I am to have so much support! Thanks again a million, girls!

10 comments:

Sarah Roberts said...

tht is so exciting- you are so cute!

Calley said...

I don't know if its a new year's resolution or all the heckling you received, but I'm just so glad you finally blogged! I'm glad you enjoyed the one princess cake with the triangle nose and butch arms. Baby Lauren will be much cuter (and have much better fashion sense...grape skirt?!) We're all just really ready for her to come you know!

BrieAnn said...

Congrats on The coming of Little Baby Lauren. The last month seems to take forever, but enjoy it, it goes by quick once it's all over.

Brittney said...

What nice friends you have!!! And how great that you are so thankful ;) Can't wait for you to have that little beauty!

Calley said...

P.S. You picked the worst paparazzi?! Where did she learn how to take pictures?? It looks like a three year old took them!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your baby shower! I can't wait to meet Baby Lauren when she arrives.

Kent said...

Haha! I knew you were Laker fans!

L.A.L.

That's the abbreviation on ESPN etc...for the Los Angeles Lakers!

Hope I didn't just ruin it for you...closet Laker fans all this time.

Jess'n'John said...

Welome in advance to little Lauren! Hope all goes well with birth and new-mommyhood this year. :-)

Sarah said...

Cute name! I can't believe you only have 3 weeks left. Are you ready?!?

Unknown said...

She is so cute!!! I can't believe it has been a year since you and Kelly left. Please come and see us when you are in the neighborhood--we would love to meet Lauren.