What do these two men have in common?

That's right, they're both INTERNATIONAL business travelers. Both Micheal Scott and Kelly Layland had the opportunity, nay, the privilege of traveling to the great country of Canada in the winter time for business. For my sake, I hope that is where the similarities end.
This past week I traveled out to Oakville, Canada which is basically part of Toronto. I went out to visit a Goodrich plant that builds landing gear parts for Boeing. It was a little nerve wracking to be going out of the country because I took some equipment with me that was worth about $25,000. So what I'm trying to say is that little case of tools (about the size of a carry on suit case) was worth more than just about everything I own combined. Also, the last time someone took it out of the country they had a hard time getting the tool back into the United States because of customs rules. It all worked out great though because I got the tool back to the USA and no one tried to steal the tool from me, which happens more often than you would think.
For anyone who is interested the tools were used to demonstrate a new way of measuring some of the parts they make in Toronto. It will hopefully save them several hours of machining time and money. If you really care to know more you can ask me - but I think Kent, my Dad and my brother are really the only people who would care about the nitty gritty.
On my way back from Toronto I had a lay over in Las Vegas. It was storming in Toronto the morning I left so my flight got out an hour behind schedule. That meant I missed my flight in Vegas so I was put on the next one. Then the biggest storm Vegas has seen in years decided to come through grounding most flights into and out of the airport. So I got to spend the night in Vegas. I'm glad it was on a business trip so that I could get a hotel room through the company. There is no way I was going to sleep while I was holding onto that $25,000 case.
In the end I got onto another flight and made it back to Seattle just in time to be greeted by another winter storm. It's been a lot nicer to be stuck at home instead of stuck at an airport. It was a rough trip because of the weather, but that's that's all part of the life of an international business traveler.
This past week I traveled out to Oakville, Canada which is basically part of Toronto. I went out to visit a Goodrich plant that builds landing gear parts for Boeing. It was a little nerve wracking to be going out of the country because I took some equipment with me that was worth about $25,000. So what I'm trying to say is that little case of tools (about the size of a carry on suit case) was worth more than just about everything I own combined. Also, the last time someone took it out of the country they had a hard time getting the tool back into the United States because of customs rules. It all worked out great though because I got the tool back to the USA and no one tried to steal the tool from me, which happens more often than you would think.
For anyone who is interested the tools were used to demonstrate a new way of measuring some of the parts they make in Toronto. It will hopefully save them several hours of machining time and money. If you really care to know more you can ask me - but I think Kent, my Dad and my brother are really the only people who would care about the nitty gritty.
On my way back from Toronto I had a lay over in Las Vegas. It was storming in Toronto the morning I left so my flight got out an hour behind schedule. That meant I missed my flight in Vegas so I was put on the next one. Then the biggest storm Vegas has seen in years decided to come through grounding most flights into and out of the airport. So I got to spend the night in Vegas. I'm glad it was on a business trip so that I could get a hotel room through the company. There is no way I was going to sleep while I was holding onto that $25,000 case.
In the end I got onto another flight and made it back to Seattle just in time to be greeted by another winter storm. It's been a lot nicer to be stuck at home instead of stuck at an airport. It was a rough trip because of the weather, but that's that's all part of the life of an international business traveler.
4 comments:
Wow, I'm so impressed! You must be doing great things to be invited on such a trip. (Hopefully for real you are a good employee - unlike Michael Scott where he was the only one willing to go). I bet Lindy missed you! Next time ask to go on the business trip headed to St. George.
Ha. You are Michael Scott. You should've asked me for advice on what to do there, I would have suggested talking to the concierge. Always successful, just ask Michael Scott.
PS. Come visit me and bring Lindy. I own all The office dvds now.
Ok, lets get to the nitty gritty, who is this Encarnacion?
And lets play our NCAA 09 game. I think I forgot how to play after all this time off, but whatever.
i just want to draw attention to the time that is drawing near... LESS THAN A MONTH!!! beeeeeebies:)
Post a Comment