Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What I Will Miss About Wymount , No. 2

I love that I live spitting distance from any given human being here at Wymount, but still feel it somehow necessary to keep in touch with my neighbors via Blogger. And by "love" I mean "think it's hilarious/inane."

I have a theory about why we heavily rely on this form of communication (besides, you know, our lives being crammed with school, work, husbands, kids, church and The Office): we all live practically on top of each other, so blogs provide us with a much-needed illusion of space. Like we live far enough from each other to merit the long-distance style of staying friends or something.

I guess blogs can't technically be considered something I'll miss because the internets are everywhere. But Wymount is the birthplace of this blog. In fact, it's where I was introduced to blogging in the first place (thanks Ginger!), and the underground blog culture here is entertaining and endearing.

I'm glad Blogger will continue to help me stay in contact with what I miss most about this and any phase of my life: friends. Turns out I like people more than deer....or, it's true, even cats. Especially since cat's can't blog.

9 comments:

Hafen Family said...

So, Lindy, why is it everytime I read your blog, I laugh. Because you're hilarious, yah... that's it. Good thinking about the blogging concept in Wymount. I love living across from you... please stay Lindy... we'll go searching for deer together. What do you say?

Calley said...

I did a "LOL" at this blog. Why is it totally true?! And, its true, cats can't blog. I don't know if its due to their paws, or any injustices done to them, but I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it...

Calley said...

P.S. you're a Keane fan? Why have we never had this talk?

Sarah said...

I don't know why but I have this phobia of local blogging. I feel like I have this secret blog life that no one that lives around me knows about. Except the cats...

Sarah Roberts said...

yay a new post:)I know neighbor- it is kind of weird- I too gave birth to my blog here in cozy wymount:)

Sharon said...

What an astute observation! It's so true...I find out more about my neighbors from blogs than from talking to them usually...CRAZY!

Ginger said...

Suh-weet! A real life shout out to me on Liny's blog. I've never felt more special, ever!

Brittney said...

oh yay. Blogs. yah.. look what that got me the last time I tried to blog about something important to me. hmmmm... but YES, friends are so important, so that is the reason why I like blogging. .. or is it because I like snooping?

anyway, if I could be half as creative as you in writing - I would be so happy.

Mandy said...

I don't know how I feel about that whole unspoken "But if cats COULD blog......." sentiment, Lindy ;-)