Lo these three years ago today, I made the best decision of my life: I said yes when Kelly asked me to marry him.Except, I'm ashamed to say this momentous date slipped my mind until this evening. We were having our usual Monday night with Kent and Brittney Fairbourn when Kent said he had to go jump start his brother's car really quick. He came back 20 minutes later carrying a bag from Outback Steakhouse. The bag slyly changed hands from Kent to Kelly, and Kelly gave it to me. Inside was a piece of Outback's amazing chocolate cake. That's when I remembered.
Kelly proposed to me in the mountains. I had no clue what was coming. I thought we were just driving up Provo Canyon to go look at the stars. When Kelly pulled off the road to a camp site lit with tiki torches and a table set with chocolate cake from Outback Steakhouse, it didn't take me long to realize what was going on. He had his guitar and a ring, and I'm not sure I stopped crying my happy tears all night.
Thanks, Kent, for going to "jump start your brother's car." You and Brittney are as perfect as friends come.
And thank you Kelly for being the thoughtful mastermind of schemes and surprises. I absolutely love my life with you. Happy Anniversary!
And thank you Kelly for being the thoughtful mastermind of schemes and surprises. I absolutely love my life with you. Happy Anniversary!
Kent and Kelly: The Schemers with The Cake

6 comments:
I know you were probably going to say yes to Kelly anyway, but that chocolate cake was smart thinking just in case you needed a little persuasion. Happy belated engagement anniversary to both of you.
L-Tron! (that's my new one for you, I'm just test driving it). I wasn't aware it was your anniversary either! Happy belated as well! Kelly is definitely a golden husband. Any even that involves chocolate cake is one for the books.
Oh great---thanks for making me too misty-eyed to even see the computer screen! Blargh---I hope I don't short out my keyboard with 'happy tears.' ;-)
What a delicious celebration! That is the absolute cutest thing I have ever heard! Shawn proposed to me up Provo Canyon too, except he was so excited about proposing that he told me what was going on before we even got in the car!
Happy belated-chocolate cake- engagement anniversary!
Well, aren't I glad I decided to check your blog...what a fabulous inspirational story! I think it's going to be a great day...just because of this positive start.
Awww, how cute is that. I love you two together too... Where would we be without you guys!?!? How nice of our two boys to scheme.... now we just need to plan a definite time to take them up on their offer to dress up and go to outback steakhouse! right???? P.S. I love all the links to our blog. Thanks for helping our popularity.
Post a Comment