Our anniversary is in December at the height of all the college bowl games (if you can't tell, this is Kelly writing). Last year we decided that we wouldn't buy tickets to the football games, partly to save money and partly because going to football games takes up a lot of time, and partly because Lindy doesn't love football. Last year was our second anniversary, which was obviously our Cotton Anniversary (I had no idea). Lindy's gift to me was a BYU sweatshirt and a promise to buy football tickets and sing the fight song at all the games (As an ASU Sun Devil, singing the BYU fight song is pretty much heresy).
With that introduction, yesterday Lindy and I went to the BYU vs. Eastern Washington football game. I had checked the weather forecast the morning of the game and saw that there was a 50% chance of rain/snow for pretty much the entire game, so we went prepared with gloves, jackets, etc. For the first half of the game everything was pretty much uneventful, your typical football game, or as Lindy put it...BORE-ING. I have to point out that to me the game wasn't boring, but football isn't really Lindy's thing and too be honest there weren't many highlight worthy plays.
Things started to get interesting in the second half. The game itself was much more entertaining starting out with an 80 yard kickoff return. There was also a good punt return, interception, and other good plays. But the best part was the weather. We could see the storm clouds rolling in and knew it was only a matter of time before it started to rain or snow. Part way through the third quarter it started to snow a lot. Then a little while later the wind kicked up and the snow was blowing everywhere. The game wasn't that close, so most people decided to leave. But Lindy and I stuck it out to the end. The field was covered in snow and the poor players in short sleeves had to be miserable. At one point some of the grounds crew was sent out to sweep the snow off the back of the end zone so the referees could tell where the field ended. It really was quite an experience to be standing there in the wind and snow. And I'm very, very proud of my wife for not only sticking out the weather but for actually enjoying it, even though she had to sing the fight song six times. It was clearly the best anniversary gift ever.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love it. You do have the best wife ever.
oh besides me....
Hi guys! I am so glad you guys have a blog. And Michael and I are very jealous that you got to go to a BYU game and that you have snow. We still have good old 80 degree weather in San Antonio. I have a blog too, so feel free. Hope all is going well. Anna Hull
Very impressive! We were home in our cozy little apartment, glad to not be at the game. Now, after reading your blog I am rather sad we missed it. I love the snow!!! I was actually thinking you guys were professional photographers there for a minute too!
Post a Comment