Thursday, July 19, 2007

golden gardens

What do you do when Ball Park hot dogs are Buy 1 Get 2 Free? Throw a weenie roast at Golden Gardens!

We are very lucky to be among a handful of other young intern couples in our ward who are here in Seattle for the summer. (Included in this group are the Ivies who used to live a few doors down from us at Wymount. It's a small world after all.) These cool cats humored us and let us claim them as our friends for a night. The benefits were twofold: 1) We got to know some really cool people a little better, and 2) Kelly and I didn't have to consume six packages of hot dogs by ourselves. Good times.

An engineer at work

The finished fortress


Upon entering the park, rangers ask if you have any illegal wood to burn. What they apparently don't care about is if you brought any illegal weed to burn (see that lovely conspicuous bong?). Only in Seattle....
The sunset. Kelly + Camera = Magic

5 comments:

Calley said...

What beach was this on? I love Kelly's photog prowess. If he so chooses to, Tyson requests a few glamour shots. Of himself, or Kelly. Either way. It would probably round out his portfolio a little better. Keep the blogs coming! "You're the most!"

Ginger said...

Nice sand fortress, Kello. (We can't take our engineers ANYWHERE can we, Lindy?)

Mandy said...

I love the beach. I like bargain hotdogs. I am jealous.

Rachel said...

Oh, how my tummy aches with jealousy!

Brittney said...

k.. LOVE the water splash/sunset photo.. man that makes me want a better camera and more photo opportunities. Guess I better go back to Hawaii for the sake of more photo opportunities...... So, my only question is why weren't we invited!? We like meeting cool people! :)