Thursday, September 25, 2008

Season premier a little OFFice

Soooo, Pam and Jim are engaged. Ryan's the temporary Pam, and we don't know how Angela sleeps at night either, despite her routine. It had all of the elements of a successful episode of The Office, but something was missing:


Meet Kent and Brittney Fairbourn. No, they are not members of The Office cast, but they have been an integral part of our Office fanhood, not to mention our married lives. Last night was the first season premier--and one of the few episodes in general--we've watched without them, and it was just another reminder of how much we miss them!

We have a bone to pick with Geography for not arranging itself such that St. George, UT and Seattle, WA are neighbors, just like we and the Fairbs (as we affectionately refer to them--and they LOVE it) used to be. It was so fun when we could just walk two seconds up the hill to the 11's at Wymount and share dinners and hang out. Kelly and Kent would play Xbox until Brittney and Lindy were done talking...or was it the other way around?

They were an everyday part of our lives, and their friendship was easy like breathing. We are still friends, of course, but it's long distance now. Long distance breathing is pretty uncomfortable until you get used to it, and we're just not used to it yet.

So thanks, The Office, for not helping the adjustment one single bit. You could have at least been funnier. Oh well. At least the Fairbs still make us laugh even though they're far away.

5 comments:

Kent said...

During the opening song Britt said...."we need Lindy" because my attempt at humming/singing the intro was totally wrong!

Oh and I told Britt that I was way too excited and happy about the engagement considering it's not real. But I thought to myself....Lindy is too though!

Lindy said...

What?? It's not real???? Why the heck did I have Pam and Jim dreams all night then?? I HAS to be real!

Brittney said...

wow, what a tribute!!!... except for the fact that I dislike that picture (blow it up and you'll see an awesome hair sticking up).

But anyways, it's true - our friendship was like breathing because you were such a natural part of our lives! I can't wait to see you guys again because I know we'll pick everything up right where we left off. Even when we're 80 - the guys will be playing xbox and we'll be chatting... but maybe we'll all be in rocking chairs. :) Love you guys!

Sarah said...

I hate geography. To add to that, Amazing Race is starting this week. It just won't be the same without Costco pizza, Ang-ina, and you guys. I'm so excited for your little girl. Maybe when our daughters grow up we can send them out to be mission companions. :)

Eric Layland said...

oh office.

"you think i'm retarded?"

My favorite moment from the episode.