We had our 18-week ultrasound three weeks ago and the technician was pretty confident our Little Whoosh (pronounced Liddawhoosh around here) is a little girl. Yipppeeeeee!
Now I have a solid excuse for this song making me cry:
And perhaps even more cheesy, this one:
Okay, so I admit both these songs consistently brought me to tears before anything close to a baby was in the picture for me. Now it's even worse. I'm just one pathetic sap.
Since the technician's CD writer was broken the day of the ultrasound, I waited lo these three weeks to post about all this so I could do it up right with pictures. We got the CD back at our monthly checkup yesterday, but for some reason the files won't show up on our computer. We can view them on our Xbox (thank goodness we have one of those! [Kelly's edit]), but that's not very helpful with Blogger. You can thank the ever-ingenius Kelly for the following photos of our printed ultrasound pictures:
Her first wave!

So far everything's progressing exactly how it should be with this pregnancy, or so my doctor tells me. My doctor, Linda Clark, is fantastic--and not just because she told me what I wanted to hear. She has a great bedside manner and a very balanced, sensitive approach to health care. She's a family practitioner with special interest in obstetrics, so that means I'll get to keep her around after the Little Whoosh is born too. I completely lucked out since I basically found her online.
Yes, we are thinking about names already, but until we're more committed, we're keeping them under wraps. The only reason we're disappointed we aren't having a boy is because we really liked the name Leland. Leland Layland. Has a nice ring doesn't it?

11 comments:
YAY LITTLE GIRLS. I can just imagine you getting all emotional.. haha. What a cute mommy you'll be. Pretty soon you have to start posting belly pictures. EVERYONE's doing it!
Leland from Dog the Bounty Hunter, woohoo!
Moving on...Nike doesn't have as many female spokespeople as males, so Swoosh is still a great name idea.
Or Kelly, I hear that's a GREAT girl's name! ZING!!!!!!!!!!
I hear the name 'Kitty' is pretty popular amongst you "cat people"..... ;-)
Oh, and welcome to the 'cheesy word play blog title" club. We're a small but influential crowd of blogging elitists.
Congrats! Girls are so fun :)
So great!! are you guys around just before christmas? b/c we will be in your neighborhood and I would love to see you!
laura
Don't you just love little baby fingers? Congratulations again! Howie and I are so excited for you!
Since you can't use Leland, have you considered Lolinda? Lolinda Layland has that same special ring to it.
Congrats you guys!!! Woot to the little girl club. Girls are so fun, and you are going to have an awesome time. Those songs kill me too... there's just something special about babies. So fun.
Oh, she's already gorgeous! Must take after her mama.
AAAHHH!!! I am so excited for you! Congrats!
Oh my goodness!!! Isn't my grandaughter gorgeous!!! I am so happy to see the pics and look forward to maybe feeling a kick next time we see you.
Post a Comment