I never know when Kelly will come up to me next with a sparkle in his eye and say "Whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh!" What a bizarre thing to do, you may think. Well, yes, it is, but he's just excited. We both are. In fact, that's what we've been calling what's growing inside of me: The Little Whoosh Whoosh. Here's why: So far, the rapid whooshing sound of the heartbeat we heard at the doctor's office the other day is the only real proof we've gotten that there really IS something growing inside of me. And by "something" I mean "someone."
Yes, it's true. We will hatch a a new Little Layland in early February. So watch out.
And that, dear friends, is why I have taken such an enormous break from the blogging. (Thank you those out there who have not given up on me!) I know there are many user friendly mechanisms in place to prevent one from publishing something one does not want to publish on the blog. You know, things like "backspace" and the "edit post" option or "not typing something you're not sure you want on the internet yet in the first place." But somehow, I still felt incapable of blogging anything without mentioning the pregnancy, which I did not want to mention until we were more sure this was going to work out.
We appreciate all of you whose faith and kindness have enormously strengthened me, Kelly and The Little Whoosh Whoosh. Moving away from our first home was going to be hard enough without first trimester hormonal adjustments in the mix. Turns out that little cocktail of experiences and emotions has been a lot to swallow all at once, but we know we're in good hands, especially me. Kelly has been more of a rock than ever (if that's even possible) these past few months, and I can only imagine how happy this Little Whoosh Whoosh was in Heaven to find out who her dad will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
34 comments:
Congrats!! That is so exciting.
WOO HOO!! Congratsulations! Hope you are feeling well!
Natalie
GET OUT!!! so exciting!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Zoum Zoum = French
嘶嘶聲 嘶嘶聲 = Chinese
Sibilo Sibilo = Italian
Gesuis Gesuis = Dutch
свист свист = Russian
シュ シュ = Japanese
any way you say it, Whoosh Whoosh is going to be Cute Cute!
CONGRATS! We are so excited for you!
Congratulations, you two! That is just so wonderful! I'm glad you weren't very far along when you moved, switching doctors, etc. :) I hope you're feeling better now. Yea! And I think February is a fabulous month in which to have a baby. :)
Hooray, hooray! :) Can't wait to see little Whoosh Whoosh! :)
Feeling any better yet?
Oh, Lindy, how I love you. I'm so happy you're having a baby. And don't worry about not feeling extremely excited about it right now; that will come later. It's hard to feel excited when your entire physiological structure is being remodeled.
Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you!
yay for layland blogging! and yay for woosh woosh! (and yay that you're coming... :) !!!)
Oh little Whoosh Whoosh, I have no doubt you will be as precious as ever when you make your appearance this winter. Tell your mommy to post lots of pictures of you so that I don't have to kick her in the fanny.
Hooray! I'm so excited for you both! Wow! I mean, WOW!
yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am so happy for you Lindy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sarah Roberts
I'm so, so, so, so excited for you! I knew something was up. A blog absence like that can only mean something big. You're going to love being pregnant (maybe in a couple weeks.) But enjoy it b/c month number 9 is getting pretty SCARY! :)
Congrats you guys... you are going to be awesome parents. We miss you!
Makes the naming part easy...obviously you'll have to go with Swoosh, you'll already be used to it and Nike will be in the delivery room with a sponsorship offer in hand...Congrats!
i had no idea! this is great, just great. when i read about little woosh woosh i was just so excited. how could you guys hide this from me for so long?(dont worry we all know that youre only using the name woosh woosh so that no one is jealous that its going to be melissa or melisso or i guess mel works both ways too.)
ok, so you referred to the baby at the end as a girl. Was that your way of being politically correct, or are you hinting at something there? ANYWAYS... I LOVE YOU GUYS!! Congratulations!! WOOHOO WOOSHY! I already love little wooshy. I will call him/her little Woosho Laylo. So now we have LoHo, Kello, and Woosho.. perfect.
Melissa stole the words from my mouth!! Congrats!
im the first to comment to melissa/melisso/mel/mel jr./ melissa jr./melissa the second/woosh woosh. so im special. and right now im listening to her favorite song "bleeding love". so i dedicate it to her.
wow. a thousand posts. um. baby. yeah. cool. no, actually YESSSS!!!!!!!!!! I want it now. Give it to me now. Birth Giermo or Gertrude or whomever it may be. GIVE IT TO ME!!!! I want to hold it and play with it for ten minutes. then i will let you raise it until it's abobut a year old and then i'll play again. BABIES!! BABIES!! BABIES!!
I am going to tell Tyson's grandma that the power of the pot holder has touched another couple's life. She's going to cry with happiness! :)
Congrats! That is so great. I remember hearing her heartbeat for the first time. It made everything feel so real, especially for Alex. I don't know if it was a similar experience for you, but it is still so amazing. Congrats again. I hope you are enjoying Washington. We just barely got back from there!
Congrats!! I am so excited for you!!
Congrats!! I am so excited for you!!
How exciting!! We are so excited for you; you are going to be great parents!!
P.S. We are due in January :)
I don't think I've ever seen a post with 27 comments. You guys are popular. So how's it going? Are you finally over the 1st trimester hump?
Okay, I know it's late and I am like the one millionth person to congratulate you, but OH MY GOODNESS!!! That is so exciting and so...exciting! I had a feeling I need to check in on the Little Laylands (and now the littlest Layland). I hope all is going well. I am FULL of advice ya know, so don't hesitate to ask!
Congrats guys! We are so excited for you. We hope that you are feeling well. Just remember, the sicker you are the cuter the whoosh whoosh. :)
I'm soooo excited Lindy!!!!!!
if you can read my comments out of the other 30!
Are you guys going to be around dec 13th through the 23rd! I'd love to see you guys!
laura
hey how do i make it so that the picture on my header is long and lanscapish like yours? i want a picture like that on my families blog and i don't know how to do it. you should check it out thesjlees.blogspot.com. love ya
happy baby growing!
Congrats! hope the morning sickness is gone. Email me so I can invite you to my (private) blog. jjcoxfam4@yahoo.com -Jessica Cox
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!! That is so exciting.
I hope that you are feeling well.
Post a Comment