Sunday, January 27, 2008

my best friend's wedding

I hereby dedicate this post to Jordan Lee-turned-Smith. Not only has she been the most persistently vocal about my recent absence from the blogging world, her wedding was one of the highlights of my absence. In fact, her wedding was one of the highlights of my life.

I wish I could find a way to make this post funny, because Jordan is one of the funniest people I know. But I can't think of anything funny about her wedding. Except for maybe the coughing fit she had through half the ceremony and how she could barely choke out a "Yes" to the promises she was asked to make, but besides that....Really though. It made it memorable and endearing, and Jordan was graceful and gracious through the whole thing.

Here she is folks, in all her bridal glory with her husband Tyrel. They're way prettier to look at than Trogdor, right?

You know, it used to make me sad to think of my best friends getting new best friends and leaving me behind for marital bliss. But now I love it because it means I get more friends. (It's really all about me, right?) All of my friends have married great people, and Tyrel is no exception. I've only met him once, but if he makes Jordan even half as happy as she sounds and seems, he's an ace in my book.

And here is the consummate ace in my book (the one on the right):

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Woot! I'm glad you're back! I check your blog every day, you know---so as happy as I was to see your Trogdor every day, I'm glad we're moving on ;-)

Sharon said...

Yea! I, too, have been excitedly waiting for a post. Life can sure get busy and hard to keep up with. You look so cute here with your "ace." :)

The Hart Family said...

Well I am just jealous that you were in AZ! I am so sick of the snow and cold!

Calley said...

Lindy, you're back! Whoop there it is!

New Beginnings. said...

yay- a new post!!!!! finally!!!!your so cute Lindy....and um...what are the chances of you making caramel brownies in the near future? Just curious....not hinting or anything...no I am not at all...

Margaret said...

Yea, Lindy! You're back!!! Do you know yet if y'all will be permanent Washingtonians?

Sarah said...

I'm okay with you skipping the Christmas post. I'm getting kind of sick of those. I love weddings, especially when it is someone close to me. Great jacket by the way. It wouldn't happen to still be on the racks somewhere, would it?

Jenna said...

Wow, your hair looks GREAT! I haven't seen you in a long time, but I love the bangs and the shortness. Oh, and Jordan looks pretty, too. You got to go to AZ? Luckyyyyy. I'm so glad you're back in the blogging realm. You and your wit were greatly missed.

Mauri said...

Lindy! Like everyone else...I'm glad you're back in the blogging world too. I need all the friends I can get to blog to keep me motivated to keep at it. AND I'm sooo jelous about you getting to go to Googala schmoogala's wedding. I miss out on everything fun! Jenna represented at the St. Johns reception so I really did miss out on everything. But I am also missing out on you! When can we get together???