The other week, I had what I call a "Mr. Rogers Day" with my friend
Emily Hoopes. For one thing, it was a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Plus, with Emily and her husband Brian's help, I discovered new and exciting things I had never known about before, things like
The Dodo and a
scroll saw and how to make puzzles with said saw.
Emily showed me samples of puzzles she had already painted. I was impressed but intimidated. Her style was way out of my league (you know, like it had shading and stuff). When I saw her cute little dragon puzzle, it hit me: I may not be ready to do any complicated work of art, but I could probably follow
Strong Bad's step-by-step instructions and come up with a
Trogdor puzzle. Well, folks, here it is:



As you can see, my skills of an artist could use some improvement--and I still need to add his teeth. But to my credit, the task was a lot more complicated than drawing an S and a More Different S. I was pretty proud of my Consummate V's, though. Oh, the majesty!
Thank you, Hoopes's's, for a beautiful day!
10 comments:
And you were just wearing your maroon cardigan and tying your shoes when you finished this I bet. What a ferocious puzzle! I can't bear to imagine how scary it will be with teeth.... :)
That is awesome lindy! Look s like a lot of fun!
Ahhhh...The Dodo. Sadly, I think I am so old I attended the grand opening back in the 80's (I jest).
Ahh, The Dodo. Jake and I have eaten there. We actually chose that restaurant because the dodo bird, before it was extinct, was only found in one place: the island of Mauritius, where I spent a little more than a year of my mission. No one's ever heard of Mauritius, but everyone's heard of the dodo. Interesting facts, I'm sure. But I DO love the Trogdor puzzle and Jake and I think you should send a picture of it in to the Homestar Runner site so Strongbad can make some commentary on it.
I love the puzzle. I love your writing. See you tonight!!!
What a nice puzzle. I'm sure both Mr. Rogers & Strongbad would be proud.
What a fabulous talent! And a fun day! Oh, just thinking of Mr. Rogers brings back childhood happiness. :)
I'm completely lost on this one... but it looks cool!
Lindy! I found your blog, hooray!! Looks like all is well you. Check out mine at jeffandashlee.blogspot.com
Lindy, How are you doing? I miss you as my visiting teacher! I've messaged on everyone's blog I can tonight from our old ward because I'm so excited I found all of you! Layn & I were realizing the other day how sad it was that we lost touch with so many people from our Wymount ward and how we needed to reconnect. Don't you just love blogging? Well, let's definitely keep in touch and if you ever make it down to Arizona we should get together. Much love, The Smiths
Post a Comment