Sunday, August 26, 2007

hiatus

I owe our readership an explanation (if we have any left to speak of at this point). You see, the lovely little baby Tessa who has been the headliner on our blog for over a month now caused a bit of a kaffuffle. It's not her fault, really, but labor and delivery was quite complicated for Josie (her mother/my sister), and the health care system in London where she was born only made matters worse.

To make a long story short, Josie was in and out of the hospital for two weeks after Tessa's birth, and her amazing husband, Brandon, had to go out of town for work a week later. He would have stayed home if there were no other options, but they decided to see if I could fly out and fill in during his absence. I said of course (See? There was more of a purpose than sheer gluttony for my not getting a job this summer!), and in a matter of days I was on a plane to England. I ended up staying almost three weeks (thanks be to Kelly for being so supportive of my absence). I got back in time to celebrate the end of Kelly's internship with him, and we headed back home to Provo less than a week later. We got back last night.

In the whirlwind of everything, I didn't find any time to update our blog. I know, it's been devastatingly heartbreaking for many of you, but I hope you'll find it within yourselves to forgive us. Especially you, Calley. We didn't mean to play you the fool. You won the race fair and square. We're ashamed we didn't even make it to the starting line.

6 comments:

Ginger said...

Lindo, I just love you. If I could I would steal you away from Ed, Annie and all the rest and keep you as a Farnsworth. You are a great sister and aunt. I hope they all know how lucky they are to have you.

P.S. I like you too Kello. Way to be a kind and understanding husband.

Susie and Jay Larson said...

Wow how was England? We are going to have to talk. That is great that you could help out. Bloggs rule. Thanks for your nice posts on mine!(:

Mandy said...

England?! You are TOTALLY forgiven for not blogging for so long.

Jenna said...

I'm so glad you're back! You were definitely missed. What a fabulous summer it turned out to be! Hooray for not working! I can't wait to visit with you and hear all about it. KIT, sistah...

Cameron and Katie said...

I am glad to know that there is a good explaination for your failure to post. And, so glad that you are back HOME in Provo.

Calley said...

Update your blog, you scalliwag!